Australian beauty queen who appeared on Deal or No Deal with Meghan Markle before she was famous reveals what the Duchess was like behind the scenes
- Lisa Gleave from the Gold Coast used to be a ‘briefcase beauty’ on US TV show
- Meghan Markle appears to have worked with the Australian beauty queen
- Ms Gleave has revealed what the duchess, 38, was like behind the scenes
An Australian model who worked alongside Meghan Markle before she was a duchess has lifted the lid on what the duchess was really like.
Lisa Gleave, from the Gold Coast in Queensland, and a younger Meghan used to be briefcase beauties on the American version of Deal or No Deal.
A promotional image for season two of the show shows Ms Gleave, a former beauty queen, and Meghan holding briefcases next to each other.
Speaking about Meghan, 38, Ms Gleave said the former princess was ‘quiet but very sweet’
Speaking about Meghan, 38, Ms Gleave said the former princess was ‘quiet but very sweet’.
‘I remember her being very focused on her acting career and her role as a briefcase beauty, as we were called, was just a stepping stone in her career,’ she told the Gold Coast Bulletin.
‘She only did a few seasons and then landed her role in Suits which took her away. I was so happy for her when I heard about the marriage.’
Meghan married Prince Harry on May 19, 2018, and the couple have since welcomed a baby son, Archie.
Lisa Gleave (pictured) from the Gold Coast and the newly crowned Duchess of Sussex used to be briefcase beauties on the American version of Deal or No Deal
Earlier this year, the couple quit their royal duties and said they would separate their time between Britain and America.
In their explosive statement, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex said they wanted to ‘carve out a progressive new role’ and ‘step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family’.
They said they wanted to balance their time between the UK and North America, ‘continuing to honour our duty to the Queen, the Commonwealth, and our patronages’.
Meghan Markle (pictured with Prince Harry in October 2018) have asked for a High Court order to stop anyone from naming her five female friends who briefed People magazine
The duchess is currently in the process of suing the Mail Online’s publisher.
On Thursday, she agreed to pay £67,000 (AU$122,768.12) in legal costs after losing the first round of her legal battle.
The duchess is suing Associated Newspapers Limited (ANL) over an article published in February 2019 which reproduced parts of a handwritten letter she sent to her father.
But in May, the High Court’s Mr Justice Warby struck out parts of the Meghan’s claim, including allegations of ‘deliberately stirring up’ issues between her and her father.
A written submission from July 22 has since shown that the duchess has agreed to pay in full the publisher’s costs for the strike-out hearing of £67,888.
The hefty bill was revealed as the court heard Meghan believes naming the five female friends who briefed People magazine about her and a letter sent to her father Thomas would be an ‘unacceptable price to pay’ for pursuing a claim against Associated Newspapers.
The Duchess of Sussex has applied for an order to keep secret the identities of the women, all ‘young mothers’, at a hearing at the Royal Courts of Justice in London.